Dear Valued Customers, Friends, and Colleagues,
During this difficult time, we all still need to function as businesses, meeting in smaller groups, or at home with our families. The show must go on... To that end... We are a 100% off-premise, made-to-order caterer meaning we bring the food to you (or you can pick up). We do not have dine-in service or any inside public area, therefore we control our sanitary environment much easier than places who serve the public in-house, such as restaurants. Beginning immediately, upon request, we will offer ANY of our corporate drop-off catering menu items in single-serve, individually packaged, grab-and-go containers with individual packaged eating utensils. This reduces handling tongs and serving spoons associated with buffet-style service. ($1.00 additional per person to cover the container and additional labor for packaging). The items at Fresh Food 2U are of course already available as individual, ready to heat-and-eat meals.
We also do not use third-party delivery services like Uber Eats, Door Dash, etc. which allows us to make sure all of our drivers are Food Safe Certified and abide by our policies for health and sanitation. Moving forward, all of our delivery drivers will put on single-use gloves before setting up your order.
As foodservice industry veterans, we already have firm practices in place to ensure the safety of our guests and staff. At this time, we are pro-actively taking extra precautions to ensure our workplaces and teams are healthy and hygienic.
Kitchens & Offices:
- Workstations are being washed and disinfected every hour, at minimum.
- Hand washing stations are maintained and accessible to all employees.
- Hand-sanitizing dispensers are available around our facility for easy access for all employees.
- Door knobs, desks, company vehicles, light switches, etc. are all being sanitized regularly.
- Gloves are worn by our culinary and service staff at events, with strict hand-washing policies maintained.
- Hand sanitizer and additional hand-washing stations are being sent out to every event.
- Any employees who are sick, or starting to feel sick, will be sent home immediately and remain home until symptoms end.
- We are regularly reminding all employees of best practices for staying healthy.
We will be adapting and combining these practices with new precautions suggested by the CDC and the state health department as the safety of our guests and employees is always our top priority.
Thank you from the entire team at Avenue Catering and Fresh Food 2U.
Stay healthy and safe
Lisa J. Case and Miles-Kevin Baron